[ SHOWGSD-L ] Non-GSD 9-11-01 Hero

  • From: "Dee and Joe" <jodeeshepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:14:05 GMT

 I received this today and had never heard this story before.  I thought it was
worth sharing with so many who love our animals.

In MEMORY of Sep. 11, 2001~ ~ ~ NOT ALL HEROES ARE PEOPLE ~ ~ ~ James Crane
worked on the 101st floor of Tower 1 of the World Trade Center. He is blind so
he has a golden retriever named Daisy. After the plane hit 20 stories below,
James knew that he was doomed, so he let Daisy go, out of an act of love. She
darted away into the darkened hallway. Choking on the fumes of the jet fuel and
the smoke James was just waiting to die. About 30 minutes later, Daisy comes
back along with James' boss, who Daisy just happened to pick up on floor 112.
On her first run of the building, she leads James, James' boss, and about 300
more people out of the doomed building. But she wasn't through yet, she knew
there were others who were trapped. So, highly against James' wishes she ran
back in the building.  On her second run, she saved 392 lives. Again she went
back in. During this run, the building collapses. James hears about this and
falls on his knees into tears. Against all known odds, Daisy makes it out
alive, but this time she is carried by a firefighter. "She led us right to the
people, before she got injured" the fireman explained.  Her final run saved
another 273 lives. She suffered acut e smoke inhalation, severe burns on all
four paws, and a broken leg, but she saved 967 lives. The next week, Mayor
Guilaini rewards Daisy with the Canine medal of Honor of New York. Daisy is the
first civilian Canine to win such an honor.  I hope you enjoyed this story.  I
thought it was terrific!!
Jo-Dee's German Shepherds - Home of Am./Can. Ch. Fantasy's Saratoga Cutter and
our other two fur children, Sassy and Nokia.  God watch over all those we loved
and lost who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com