[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nominating Committee

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jastek5@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:42:15 EDT

In  a message dated 5/31/2005 1:01:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,  Jastek5
writes:
A few short posts ago  i posted that  in this "sport" that is getting smaller
and smaller by the  day,  it is inevitable to have situations of conflict of
interest arise. These in  many cases are unavoidable, and we  must trust
those
who have this conflict in  many cases to be  beyond reproach with respect to
integrity. With that being   said, I find it curious that professional
handlers are
allowed to be  on the  Nominating Committee? I by no means am implying that
they are not without  integrity, but it seems to me since  Professional
handlers
in many cases make  their living from  this, it would be wise as an obvious
and
very direct  conflict  of interest to exclude them from being on the
Nominating  Committee.  Can anyone clarify this????
thanks,  Bill

I find this attitude mystifying.  On the board last year  the legal adviser
was Lamar Frederick.   Here we have a  professional lawyer.....this is like
saying because he makes money doing  this, he should not be the legal adviser
for
the board.
Who has not made some money (I know we spend more than make)  selling
puppies, boarding dogs etc.   At what point are we  "breeders" or professional
breeders?  Many of the professional  handlers are also breeders...so at this
point
appears we all group  together.  Whether a pro handler or just the odd weekend
handler,  they all still give up a lot of life to do what they do for the love
of  this breed.  They also know the people out there maybe better than  some
of the rest of us.  I certainly have no problem with them being  on the
committee, the board or eventually having them as judges.   They really are the
ones
in the "trenches".

Molly

Trillia  German  Shepherds