[ SHOWGSD-L ] Nobody is perfect

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:20:15 -0500

Not Even Evan or myself

We are both doing the best we can - spending hours trying to get everything to
you

We make mistakes

SOmetimes the info in the catalogue is wrong

BTW, the link works fine from the Blog to the GSDCA Catalogue - you might be
timing out
getting to itas it is a huge 99 page ADOBE PDF

I have checked all the links and they worked when I put them up and when I
rechecked them
this morning

Please do not email me and ask me where the GSDCA put the marked catalogue - I
have no
idea and simply do not have the time to look all over the their site for it

At 1am last nite, I was working online with Evan sending him all the info or
the streaming video

Today I have to get stuff done (jury Duty ended last nite) for my mother.  SHe
has dementia and
I need to take care of ALL HER NEEDS, especially medical.

Instead of criticizing Evan, thank HIM.

I have had to set and unset mail for over 200 people becuase isntead of
commands to a mail
server they send:

Please set me to nomail on November 2 at 3pm and unset me at 4pm November 7

The computer understands only

set vacation

and

unset vacation

At the top of every list post is a green line that says

DOUBLE CLICK

It will take you to a drop down where you can set and unset mail

setting digest does not start mail - it changes you to digest from regular

There are full details and three ways to do your mail options on the website

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

Please understand that administering to the list is not my job. My job is web
design and web
program writing.  I try to work in addition to caring for a handicapped
daughter and a mentally
disabled mother.  I also have GSDs that I am trying to train.  And a new
husband.

I rarely read the email or name of someone who is breaking rules when I send
out a reminder of
list rules.  If you break rules all the time and get reminders - not
reprimands, I AM NOT PICKING
ON YOU.

Since this week started I am receiving about 1800 emails a day that are list
related. Many tell
me that the persons email is full and the program will set them to vacation in
x number of
bounces.  SOme are bounces due to people on aol having other list members on
ignore. Yes
people, aol sends them back to me.   Many times people on digest hit reply and
try to send the
entire digest back to the list - it bounces to my email box.

So the next person who maligns Evan, gets hit with a wet noodle. SMile, say
thank you isntead
of finding fault.  It takes a lot less energy to be nice.