[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No spin, from the PA federation of dog clubs

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:29:49 -0500

    PAWS won't make any difference at all, except to some people's or
some organizations' purses.

I don't know about USDA inspections, as only two people I know, one in
Connecticut and one in Nebraska, are USDA approved kennels.  Both of
these people breed Cavaliers (which breaks my heart) in huge
numbers...one of them sold several dogs to Michael Wolf in Pennsylvania
and has invoked the name of Anne Clark as having given her the go-ahead
on Michael...which I seriously doubt....   in any case, the Connecticut
kennel is very well kept, with full time help, etc.  I can't speak to
the Nebraska facility.  I do know that the woman in Nebraska didn't
think anyone should be concerned about more than 200 dogs of one breed
being imported in 2005...her comment was "that's only about 4 per state,
what's wrong with that?"
    Both these people show dogs -- one has had group winners
repeatedly...and they pass AKC inspections, too.
The woman in Connecticut told me the AKC inspection is nothing like the
USDA one, but in spite of the law, USDA didn't care that she whelped
litters in her house...and that is the law, isn't it, NOT in the house?
    Several people I know in the Dallas area were all subjected to AKC
inspections a few years ago...all but one of these breeders had to
furnish complete records of everything they were doing with their
dogs...in hard copy, nothing on their computers was acceptable.  The one
who wasn't asked to do this offered the AKC inspectors lunch, gave them
books for their kids and grandkids, and showed them around her
multi-million dollar home and very elegant, expensive kennel...and
bragged for months afterward that she would never be in trouble with the
AKC now.  She apparently was right...the inspectors call her and invite
themselves over for lunch or more every time they are in the Dallas
area...at least that's what she tells everyone.
    The woman in Nebraska, and the woman in Dallas, are known for
selling unhealthy dogs...yes, they do win a lot with the dogs they
keep...but nobody seems to care about the sickly dogs they sell.  The
Connecticut person is sort of a health Nazi, altho she hates the term...
       I really do know these people pretty well...and AKC didn't care
much what went on there, either.  Of course, these people have
immaculate kennels, etc., and can't be put into a class with Michael
Wolf...with the exception of the fact that AKC inspections apparently
are worthless...and perhaps, so are the ones by the USDA.
Peggy