[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No spin, from the PA federation of dog clubs

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:46:25 -0500

Kathy,
    I think what "we all know" is that you don't care much for anything
that you think won't affect you personally.  Perhaps some people are
more in touch with reality...my "take" on the AKC's position on many
things, including the Michael Wolf situation and PAWS is undoubtedly
more realistic than yours.
    To say that I (and whether you include Ginger or not) think any law
is a bad law is a ridiculous statement and  proves that your attitude is
one that, again, is "leave me alone unless it is going to affect me,"
which is why so many people wind up ignoring bad laws until they get
bitten in the butt...a little late.  Your NIMBYism is a bit tiring and
serves no purpose but to reinforce to yourself your apparent belief that
you are better than the rest of us and above having to deal with
anything you don't care to recognize..
    You have stated on this list many times that you don't think PAWS is
a bad law.  Apparently you enjoy being part of the minority...but then,
you stand alone on so many things I'm not at all surprised.  You could
be an asset to the groups around the country (not just Pennsylvania, New
Jersey, and the other places near your private little world) that are
trying to protect the dog sport and keep our right to own and breed dogs
intact, but instead, you prefer to vilify those who don't think as you
do, and constantly direct your efforts towards belittling anyone who is
actively trying to work towards goals you personally don't see a need
for.  Your little bubble must be marvelous, especially since it appears
to be too opaque for you to see anything outside of it.
    A very successful Cocker Spaniel breeder closed a post to me today
with this remark:  "In the land of the free, the only freedom is for
those with the loudest voice and the least knowledge of what they are
about. the rest of us just suffer. "   For my money, the middle part of
her comment fits you to a T.
Peggy