[ SHOWGSD-L ] No show in Reno

  • From: frontiergsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:30:32 -0700

I agree we shouldn't have the Nationals in Reno. Years ago when Sacramento was
a hub of sorts I put together an application to hold the Nationals in Reno. It
didn't work out for what ever reason. It is a FABULOUS spot. We have
EVERYTHING including herding and tracking areas, a club that would put on
Rally, obedience, Barn Hunt...... We just don't have a way for everyone to get
here with a dog now days!

I'm a little put back by your comment about us not having our shows in Reno.
The reason being that for years I did the shows all by myself about 7 or 8
years of it. I was tired. We held majors most of the time. I decided I
needed help and decided with the help of the Sacramento club that it would be
more convienient for all who came to our shows. It is the same people most of
the time from California. It is a FABULOUS show and ends up costing everyone
LESS with just a couple of hotel days instead of a trip over the hill and even
more hotel days.

We have new folks now and what a great group we have! We could bring it back
here if you would like to spend some more money :)

Alycia

On Mon, 7/27/15, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Board Meeting / answers
To: "Jeff Pyle" <windfallgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Linda
Bankhead" <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, July 27, 2015, 10:30 AM

think many are "up in arms" because it's the
last minute and we seem to be scrambling again and the next
thing you know... It's "four more years" in St
Louis! And not that that is a bad idea, it's not the
wishes of the majority of the club... So I agree with the
outcry against Reno! Remember the Reno club doesn't even
have its show in Reno , Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015
at 11:20 AM, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Jeff,
there are nice event centers in many locations! Doesn't
mean they would be good spots for folks getting German
Shepherds there! Don't you think there could be a
problem with getting to the site if the locals are telling
you the site is NOT a good idea?   And I think it's
a good thing that several listers are "up in arms"
about going to Reno!.... We need to be careful who we put on
the board! Everything else is a smoke screen! Ed

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015
at 9:35 AM, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Whether
I agree with you or not you have always been open and honest
and in my opinion a very effective board member. You state
your views on subjects and you explain ( good or bad) the
reasoning of many board decisions.... I had wondered why the
handlers judging the futurities has now been eliminated....
Makes very good sense, it ain't like we have millions of
handlers, half of em you can't even get in touch with
....But attempting to consider a Reno National makes no
sense at all! You have local people and former board members
( Dave and Carolyn) telling the board that Reno is NOT a
good idea, but we're going to waste money sending the
Show Chair to Reno with a crate? Re-read my last post from
yesterday! Oregon works, we've been there before.....
What am I missing ... And again I can get to Reno driving in
under 3 hours, but to have the National there just makes no
sense... I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Ed Hill

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App