[ SHOWGSD-L ] No questions about it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:07:59 EST

In a message dated 11/16/09 11:05:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

my  biggest point was are we getting better hips today than 30 years ago,
even  with all of our efforts to find out?

That is a simple question and a simple answer, yes!   When  we look for a
male to use as stud, hips are a given as a basis, and when we have  a bitch
to campaign, or breed, we start with good hips. We don't exclude a dog
because of hips in a program, but we would not campaign a dog without good
hips.

It seems clear to me, that we have improved hips, and continue to improve
many aspects of our breed. As someone who showed 30 years ago, it is easy to
see  how much we have improved, and hips are one of those issues where we
are much  better.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/