[ SHOWGSD-L ] No more breeding in Palm Beach County - Your Help is Needed!!!

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:33:36 -0400

<<Since we can't forward attachments if anyone wants the talking points or
sample letter email me and i will forward them. This is one county away from me
but I am doing what I can to help since it could likely be a widespread problem
if it gets passed in one place. I'm kinda surprised with all the stuff we saw
going on in California that this was passed here without anyones knowledge or
help from PET PACS or NAIA or anything  all the concern and press for
California but nothing at all here,,,,,i never heard a thing till it was
already passed,,,,,I'm not in Palm Beach County but I would have thought I
would have heard something prior to this already being
done............................. >>
At a workshop last week the Palm Beach County Commission approved staff
drafting of a mandatory spay/neuter proposal. The measure will be presented to
the council in December. It is also anticipated that the county will be raising
license fees and possibly adopting other fees, such as a breeder permit, that
would impact breeders and owners. We will provide more details on the specifics
of the measure as they become available. Here is one of the recent articles
from the Palm Beach Post:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/local_news/content/local_news/epaper/2007/10/24/c1a_PETS_1024.html?cxntlid=inform.

It is vital that breeders and concerned dog owners act now to educate their
elected officials about responsible breeding practices and the ineffectiveness
of mandatory spay/neuter. To find out who represents you on the Palm Beach
County Commission, click here: http://www.pbcgov.com/districtlocator/. Contact
information for all commissioners is listed below.

I am attaching a set of talking points and a sample letter for you to use in
communicating with your elected officials. You will see that there are spaces
in the letter to personalize it  it is important that your leaders know how
this will impact their individual constituents. If you would like additional
information and resources, please contact us at doglaw@xxxxxxx and we would be
happy to provide those to you.

Please contact the Jupiter Tequesta Dog Club at summitash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to find
out how you can get involved locally. We all need to work together to defeat
this proposal!!

Mailing Address for County Commissioners:

301 N. Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Commissioner Karen Marcus, District 1
(561) 355-2201
877-930-2201
(Toll Free outside the West Palm Beach calling area)
Fax: 561-355-6094

KMARCUS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commissioner Jeff Koons, District 2
(561) 355-2202
877-930-2202
(Toll Free outside the West Palm Beach calling area)

jkoons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commissioner Robert J. Kanjian, District 3
(561) 355-2203
877-930-2203
(Toll Free outside the West Palm Beach calling area)

BKANJIAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commissioner Mary McCarty, District 4
(561) 355-2204
(561) 276-1220
(South County)

MMCCARTY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commissioner Burt Aaronson, District 5
(561) 355-2205
877-930-2205
(Toll Free outside the West Palm Beach calling area)

BAARONSO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commissioner Jess R. Santamaria, District 6
(561) 355-6300
877-930-2206
(Toll Free outside the West Palm Beach calling area)

jsantama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Commissioner Addie Greene, District 7
(561) 355-2207
(561) 276-1350