[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No longer a Hunte situation

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:47:21 -0800 (PST)

I won't be taking my magnet off my van but I will be adding a bumper stick that
says something to the effect, "I don't support Puppy Mills even if my parent
club does".  Okay that's a little long.....I'll need to come up with something
a little more catchy.  For those that think I'm kidding, there is a website
(I'll find it and post it) where you can have your own bumper stickers
made....and believe me I will.

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com

sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am not happy or comfortable with being in a club that has members such as
Hunte. I will be taking the magnet off my van when it returns home with my
sons. I will be unwilling to discuss the GSDCA and will not recommend it as a
way to learn more about our breed. I am deeply offended by this act.

After all the clear messages that have gone directly to board members and that
were posted on this list. Knowing that many board members read the many many
emails about this issue and did not listen tells me that the board that runs
this club does as it pleases and is not answering to the members overall.

There were a few who played Devil's advocate, but no one came out specifically
in favor of his membership.

This is very disappointing. And as someone who in deeply involved in a regional
club, or 2 or 3, I am deeply hurt by my national club board's decision.

While I know that resigning right now is a waste of effort, I will not be
renewing my national membership at the end of the year.

I will continue to work for my regional club(s) to be best of my ability, but I
will not support the GSDCA in any meaningful way unless and until some sort of
defination of who should NOT be a member.

This is a sad day for all true loving hobby breeders and those who started out
as hobby breeders and handlers and were able to make a living through loving
and caring for our wonderful breed.

sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 1/28/2007 8:27:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
the Board accepted Hunte's membership with a 9 to 8 vote.

It is now time to move on.

We have a new member who is deeply involved in puppies and hopefully will be
a positive member of our club.

We must support our board, and thank them for working so hard to make this
determination. Having not heard the arguments, I will stand behind the
decision, and continue to support our club.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

www.cinosamgsd.com