[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No fun in Massachusetts - file a complaint PLEASE!

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gretchanya@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:43:51 -0500

Becky,
I have to say I would not expect too much out of AKC as far as doing
anything to one of their own. My daughter was the victim of a VERY rude and
aweful judge during junior showmanship. At the time my daughter was still in
the novice classes, she was in the class with 2 other kids. After the judge
moved them she lined them up with my daughter in 1st and the other 2 behind
her then announced to them that none of them knew what they were doing and
had no business being in the ring so she was not going to give a first place
ribbon. This was to a novice class of kids for crying out loud. My daughter
was in tears walking out with her 2nd place. How aweful could a judge be. My
daughter was showing with Mary Cummings and Mary of course lodged a
complaint. I did the same and was told this provisional judge would be spoke
to but that does not change the fact of what she did. No one should
discourage kids like that. They all had control of their dogs no one did
anything wrong and as a matter of fact I was told all in the ring did a nice
job.  Not only that but it kind of burns my buttons so to speak every time I
look at my daughter's AKC placings online and it shows her getting a 2nd
place out of 3 so she got robbed of a point as well. The kid who placed
behind her got no points at all. How fair is that? I have complained but it
has fallen on deaf ears since it has never been fixed. So its like a slap in
the face from that judge. It might only be a point but to a 13yr old its
more then that.
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html