[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No fun in Massachusetts - file a complaint PLEASE!

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gretchanya@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:19:11 -0800 (PST)

You might ask Evan, but grabbing, poking and shoving sounds a lot like assault.
  Ruth
"Becky T. Dickson" <gretchanya@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi John -
You forgot the part where she put her hands on people, shoved them, poked them,
grabbed them and screamed in their faces.
I was told to leave on Saturday because I made the mistake of walking by her
with a bell in my pocket, which she heard as I stepped by her. Initially, she
demanded that I empty my pockets. When I refused, she told me to stand over by
the window - on the opposite side of the building - or leave. I was told that
there was a "zero tolerance policy on any noise." I went to the window and
tried desperately to see how my bitch was doing in winners. She ended up with a
Best Puppy and a PG4 while I was in "time-out."
And on Sunday, by which time the entry had dropped significantly, John missed
the piece de resistance: Our friendly REP observed what she thought was
double-handling during the open bitch class. She interrupted judging to tell
the judge about it and asked her to place that person's bitch accordingly. The
judge put her at the end of the line. This is the same bitch that took the
major the day before.

I have been busy since I returned home. Here is what I have learned:
An AKC rep CANNOT --
- put her hands on people
- demand that you empty your pockets
- request dogs be placed somewhere b/c of what she thinks is double-handling
- tell people to leave
Furthermore, there is NOTHING in any AKC rule, guideline, policy, etc., that
states a REP is responsible to squelching doubling. The only rule on the books
is in the judges' guidelines, which says it is to the judge's discretion to
deal with any doubling.

If you were the victim of any of the above, I sincerely hope you will file a
complaint with the AKC. I will be doing so today. You need to contact Darrell
L. Hayes, Vice President of Conformation events. He can be reached at
919-816-3592 or at dlh@xxxxxxxx

The name of the rep in question is Patricia Porter Jenner. She lives in
Connecticut. Please spell her name
correctly when you complain.

According to the AKC website, she was hired in May and began work in New
England in July. She will be hear until at least July 2008. If we don't do
something now, it will be HELL until then.

And remember, she may not be in Massachusetts next time . . . it could be
anywhere in Division 1, which also includes Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire,
New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.

Please understand that I am not in any way taking from the winners of this
weekend. We had spectacular shows with some unbelievable dogs and bitches. The
quality was tremendous. But I am very. very worried about the future of GSD
entries in the Northeast if nothing is done soon.

Again on standing while the judge was looking at my dog and the handler was
fussing with him to make him look just so, I made a slight kissing sound.
Next thing I know I have two guys standing, one on each side of me, threatening

me with eviction if I did that again. And the rep was 20 feet away
glowering. So I shut up. The dog never did raise his head at that time and no
more
than 20 seconds later, on standing, he was placed 2nd. Now isn't that
special. I almost lost it, but didn't.

Becky T. Dickson
www.GretchAnya.com
www.GSDbyDesign.com