[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No food fight, PLEASE!

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx" <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>, The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:05:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi Penny

Not a food fight, but always a good topic.  I do feed the Pro Plan Sport 30/20,
I really really love the food.  GREAT stools and even though it's corn based,
which is NOT my preference, they seem to handle it digestively no problem.  Now
if a person has dogs with allergies, I'm not sure that would be a good choice,
but I don't seem to have an issue with it.

I do feed raw chicken for the second meal though, so I feed kibble in am, and
raw chicken in the pm.  Works for me, and dogs all look good on it.

Due to financial constraint though, I do feed it half/half to some of my dogs
that are easy keepers.  We have a feed store called Tractor Supply, and they
have Diamond Dog Foods make "Tractor Supply" brand Dog Food, it's called
4Health, and I love the food.  Comes in several varieties including a no grain.
 I feed the Salmon Potato bag, and the dogs really like it.  It's about $10/bag
cheaper than the Performance/Sport bag, so that is why I do this.

Have a great week, take care.
 Chris

Chris S. Kimerer
Tanbark-Hillside Kennels, http://www.tanbarkgsd.com/
"where good bloodlines never die"

We co-own our Canadian CH, American pointed Yellow lab with his breeder and

http://showgsd.org/mail.html