[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No doubt about it

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:58:19 -0600

Why do my dogs eat a (part) kibble diet?
(do not read any further unless you’re prepared for the shocking truth!)

1) I am lazy
2) it is convenient (and at least a grain-free variety)
3) I cannot afford to feed them all raw- for money, for time!

Though, I am educated and KNOW that kibble is NOT species-appropriate! (thanks
to continuing education as a veterinary technician)

Here’s a little secret I will divulge to you regarding small animal nutrition
and veterinary schools:
veterinary technicians get about ONE hour of SA (small animal) nutrition in
three years of school
veterinarians get about THREE hours of SA nutrition in nine years of school
Contrast that to a veterinarian getting WEEKS/MONTHS of Large Animal nutrition!
PET FOOD COMPANIES DO NOT SPONSOR/BRIBE/PAY ANY VETERINARY STUDENT ANYTHING,
EVER. PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT ARE DELUDED- THE TEACHING TIME ISN’T WASTED ON
SMALL ANIMALS- THE MONEY IS IN HERD HEALTH
But, back to our pets:
An excellent book I recommend: “The Royal Treatment” by Barbara Royal, DVM
She tells it like it is. Species appropriate raw is the way to go for
health/longevity in your animal- clears up lots of chronic problems even!!!
Though, dogs ARE opportunistic scavengers, they sure don’t go raiding corn
fields!!! LOL
She recommends:
best: commercial raw (because lots of people can’t do raw right)
then home made raw/home cook
then grain free kibble
last regular kibble that sadly, most people feed and think great!

I was pleasantly surprised how many people notice my Ru’s coat/condition (she’s
a lazy house pet who now started herding 1x/week and follows me around the vet
clinic when we’re at work that’s the extent of her ‘conditoning') and many
people ask what I feed… I'm honest- grain free, table scraps, and a portion of
raw though not as much as I’d like! She doesn’t wear any bodifier, etc, no
hairspray, etc like the rest of the dogs do for shows, no chalk either… a show
prep consists of a blow-out with plain water… she has a thick, glossy, soft
coat and people notice her apparently because she eats at least less crap than
it seems most others feed! There are many people who have gone grain-free for
their pets which is FAR better than regular kibble… ALLERGIES, EAR INFECTIONS,
SKIN INFECTIONS, DIGESTIVE DISTURBANCES, ALL GONE WHEN GETTING OFF THE GRAIN
(and when people get off of modern wheat, it fixes lots of things for us too!)

And the science on Rabies doesn’t change! It STILL KILLS over 60,000 people
reported last year alone! And those are just the ones who got medical
attention! ;) (plus there have been 25 reported cases in dogs this year in
the US alone thanks to imported animals :( )

Jen P & her Pack, a bunch of lazy house pets and dogs don’t digest flax seed
either!

On Nov 13, 2015, at 20:44, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I often ask myself when I think something is fairly clear, like OJ Simpson
being guilty of two murders and he was clearly guilty beyond a reasonable
doubt, but the jury saw things differently, so I asked why... I came to some
reasons why the jury did what it did, so if I offended you about my kibble "3
groups" sorry, it was not my intention ( but I still plan to use my grouping
in my video because I believe it's true... If you would tell me why you feed
kibble? Remember I've had dogs since I was 9 years old... And we feed
kibble! But for the past 11 years we have been feeding raw.... I've been
eating McDonald's for 50 years too, and it has finally caught up with me....
So once again anyone out there. Why do you feed kibble? Ed

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App