[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: (No From: Jackie Short-Nguyen <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>

  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 19:35:14 -0500

And of course, I've met quite a few people who LOVE the whites, and think
it's silly that they're DQ, lol.
Figures, huh?

On Wednesday, February 1, 2012, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> There is only one for the AKC German Shepherd Dog.........and that is
what I breed with......
> Having blacks......along with black and tans and bi colors.....I can tell
you that MOST people
> absolutely love the blacks....and all the colors and few like the whites
and seem to know they are not
> desirable according to the Breed standard.    NONE have ever commented on
a Panda Shepherd
> and I am glad........they are just an example of the old piebalds that
were used for breeding in the
> past in getting this breed established.......along with a lot of other
non descript dogs.

> Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.Marhaven.com

commenting that they didn't know the breed came in so many colors.

> Sent from my iPhone
> On Feb 1, 2012, at 6:53 PM, "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Maybe you need to give the people you know a copy of the Standard!!!   <G>
>
> Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.Marhaven.com

February 01, 2012 3:39 PM
> Subject: Re:
> Pandas may need to be explained, but I know a lot more people that can
identify a white GSD as a GSD than they
> can a black or a sable.
> Many people know black and tab and white, but they're flabbergasted at a
black or the 'wolfy' looking sable.
>  I'm actually hoping for a black or sable for my SD, as perhaps people
will bother me less since I'll have a

--
Jackie & Jonathan Nguyen Marcato German
Shepherds<http://www.marcatogermanshepherds.com>