[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: No Barking! I'm with the Neighbor

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:59:57 -0700 (PDT)

I think it is all about respect and common sense.  I live in Memphis ('nough
said?) and rely on Tory and the Devine Miss Em as protectors and alarms...but
these are inside dogs.  I love my neighbors and they have a couple of dogs as
well.  Our dogs will bark at each other through the stockade fencing and we try
to be respectful of when we let the dogs out.  If I let mine out and they start
carrying on, especially at 4 or 5 in the morning when both of us seem to get
up, I will bring my dogs back in for a few minutes and the neighbors will
gather up their crew quickly so that I can let mine out.  It works very well
for us all.  If I had outside dogs, I would be very careful about the noise
they make.  Those of you who have tales about the dogs alerting for real
danger...well, that is very cool, especially when they have assisted neighbors
in preventing crime.  Fortunately I have not been in that situation!  Cynthia