[ SHOWGSD-L ] Nitro -your first GSD

  • From: "Yvonne Kowalczyk" <ynotgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jean Mccann'" <jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:06:40 -0400

Jean,
Thanks for sharing that lovely sentiment on your first GSD, Nitro.  I had a
big girl, Tippy from top bloodlines but just didn't get close to being a
show dog - well, maybe a dog but never a reasonable size bitch.  :-)  I
loved her with all my heart and she was the smartest dog I've ever had.  I
got hit by a bus she was there to take care of me - then six years later a
stallion fell on me breaking my hips in four places and when I got back on
my feet (literally crutches) she saved me steps by opening gates across two
acres to let dogs loose to run to the kennel building twice a day. She would
try anything for me - obedience, herding, agility even a little tracking.
She was and always will be a SUPER STAR in my book.  I had sent her story
with photos to the review at Gail's request but it was never published.  I'm
sure everyone who has German Shepherd Dogs has had Tippy or Nitro.  Thank
God for bringing these special animals into our lives.

Enjoy the day,

Yvonne D. Kowalczyk

Ponca Hill - Tantara German Shepherds