[ SHOWGSD-L ] News from the Photographer re: Lt Josh Booth and children

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, board@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:58:29 -0800

Quick update:

I asked one of my web site hosting companies if they would be willing to
help with this and it took less than a day for them to get back to me and
say that will donate a website and the back-end services to post the images
(however many are chosen), sell them on the site, and have the commissions
go directly into the designated bank account.   They will make the prints
and/or products and send them directly to the people.  We determine what we
want to price the prints/products ? they will only retain what it costs to
make the prints/products ? everything else will go into the designated
account.  I can get this set up and then turn it over to someone.  It can be
totally customized with the logo of the organization sponsoring this ? I'd
need someone to send me the logo.  The company is www.smugmug.com and I have
used them on a limited basis in my business.  They seem great, though, and
very willing to help.  There is an admin tool within the site to see how
many people have purchased items and how much money and net profit was
generated.

There are some legal things we need to have in writing regarding permissions
and licenses for the images but we can talk more about that as we move
forward.  I've been given advice on how to write this up but haven't had a
chance yet.

Meanwhile, here is some information we need to get the web site started:

Organization name:
Contact name:
email:
phone:
501c3 #:

Kathy ? can you provide this information?

I wouild very much like this to be a link available on the Parent Club
site.  So people can go to the PC site, order the prints and the money goes
right to the scholarship fund for Lt. Booth's children, on behalf of the
GSDCA, photographer, and
all the great people whom I know will want to order a print.    Ok
Board....now is a time to make the club look like heroes, and a time to show
everyone what a GREAT organization and Membership we really have.  Let's
make this happen.
Kathy
--
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com