[ SHOWGSD-L ] News from an oldtimer

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:04:43 EDT

After dinner last night,I had a surprise call from Marion  Lawrence.  I
haven't seen or talked to Marion,since she was up here in  MN,judging our
Specialty,some years ago.  I immediately thought the  worse,but Sam is still
with
us,but in serious ill health. He has  diabetes,partially blind,hard of
hearing,but still "gives the orders" around the  house<G> As Marion said"that
will never change".  Marion said she'd  been thinking about  previous good
times and my name came to mind. So she  just decided to call. A real nice chat
about our former friends ,who have left  us. Tom and Jane Bennett,Bob Penny
,among them. Both of us  admitting   to getting older. All in all,a
delightful chat. It might be nice ,if any of you  so desire, to send  Sam and
Marion
a  card or note. Their address is  652 Penn Place,Winter Park,FL. 32789
Both were so active in our dog world for so long,I'm sure they miss it.
Helen Miller Fisher