[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: News From Mo's Husband

  • From: pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:13:30 EST

Certainly NOT!

Mo knows this, but few others do...it's not that it was a secret or
anything, in fact I hadn't thought of it for quite a while until reading  the
list
this AM...

9 years ago this June I had a litter of 12, whelped at a dear friend's
house (also a vet tech), that was born 4 days early (little noses and more than
 a few toes were bare), and mom's milk hadn't come down yet, at least not
enough  to feed 12 struggling newborns.  We tubed them, gave them bene-bac,
kept  them plenty warm and by the second day it seemed we were over the hump.
  Mom's milk had come in, and even though it was her first litter and she
was way  too intense about cleaning them, she was cool with us fussing over
her  babies so much.

Then the puppies started to fade.  Who knows why???  Mom was too
enthusiastic and never let them rest?  Born too early?  Formula not  quite
"right"?
On day 3, 3 precious babies died in my hands.

I had never heard of " 'da list" but my friend was immediately on and
pleading for help..ideas...anything.

MO TO THE RESCUE!  "Get those babies on amoxycillin RIGHT AWAY!" And  she
was right.  And the other 9 puppies thrived.  (And I've not been  w/o
powdered pediatric amoxycillin in the house since.)  While the vets  scratched
their heads and said "could be this", "could be that" somebody named  Mo from
TX
on "a list" had the answer in the wee hours of the AM.

God love her, that was my introduction to my fiery friend from Texas.

Praying real hard t-day w/ certainty and confidence that my prayers will be
 answered.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 12/5/2009 9:29:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:

We just  can't imagine the world without Mo  Murkland