[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Newbies to breeding

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:42:05 EDT

There are soft nylon muzzles available from every doggy catalog.  I  will
not ENTERTAIN breeding a bitch or helping to get a bitch bred (mine or
anybody else's, no matter what the owner says, no matter if she's been bred
before) that isn't wearing one.....I even bring my own for my own bitch when I
bring a bitch somewhere else to be bred.

I won't take a chance (with the ability of an owner to hold a  bitch) on
getting the stud dog or me bit.  I don't need a dog's eye  put out, or a piece
of an ear missing and I really don't like getting bit  myself.

I won't use tape.

As soon as the dog is turned I hit the release snap on the muzzle, and the
muzzle is off.  I have had the occasional bitch who decides she's finished
with the whole deal after a few minutes try to snap at that point, but by
that  time I'm sitting there holding her and she doesn't get the opportunity
to  bite.

Cute story though, but don't take a chance again.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 9/16/2009 9:26:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Had a  bitch I co-own in today for a breeding.  He other owner tries
to  "manage" her head and gets himself bitten.  We got masking tape
and  he proceeded to put it on his arm to protect it from the
dog.   Needless to say, we had a good laugh as I explained it was for
the bitches  mouth as we did not want to be chewed up  either!

Sometimes!!!!!!

Mary