[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Newbie in Reverse

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:49:57 -0400

Ed,
Your story brings up lots of memories.? When I was a kid, my Mom showed
Samoyeds and was actually pretty successful.? She gave it up when we moved to
the country and the kids all got into horses.? Mom threw herself into horse
shows and all the other kid?stuff we did, like 4H and FFA.? Mom got me my first
Lab.? She was a pet, but what did we know.? I ended up doing obedience with her
and she was awesome.? I was all of 10 years old when I first got this dog.? I
liked showing and became a Junior handler with Labs and we all got an education
on Lab show dogs.? I finished 3 Labs and?then moved to CA.? What a difference
in the style here and in the mid-west.? I gave up showing for many years, being
a single Mom and career woman and not having the style of dogs that were
welcomed here.? Then, I rescued a GSD.? I fell in love with the Breed and
started all over again.? The last?thing I did with my Mom before she died was
attend an obedience trial.? It was like old times and so much f
 un.? She died 3 days later.? One of the things my Mom told me the day at the
trial was to get back into dogs.? She said that?was my passion and always
had?been.??

That was 6 yrs ago.? I haven't had the same luck with GSD's as Ed.? And,
everytime I think about giving up, I know my Mom would tell me I was a wimp,
suck it up, do your homework and get it right.? Mom did not pull any punches
when it came to telling it like it was, LOL!? I do know she would be proud of
me and my dogs and would?be my greatest supporter.??

I miss my Mom too.? Darn, I'm gonna go cry now.

Laura Thomas?????