[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New topic - ROM dams

  • From: "Iza Ackerman" <izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 22:30:13 -0400

When I first saw your post, Kim, I thought - Oh, good - she is going to post
the ROM dams (which, as I recall, was done in the past to the List)  OK - so
that was not the case.  I personally am not in favor of changing the
requirements.  Connie Beckhardt was VERY not in favor of changing the
requirements.  If anyone out there does not remember Connie, you missed
knowing a great lady !

I don't think breeding only one or two litters a year has anything to do
with having an ROM bitch.  I HAVE bred MORE than one or two litters a year,
and most of the puppies went into pet homes, because I am not into keeping
puppies until they are 6 months old or older.  To have an ROM bitch, you
have to think you know what you are doing, and be very lucky.  I am grateful
for Barbara Amidon's advice over the years.  I have had several ROM bitches,
and the first one I had was Karizma's Gallina.  I did not realize she was
close or already an ROM until Mary Ellen Kish called me and hollered at me -
"what is the matter with you, don't you care that your bitch is now an ROM
???  blah, blah, blah" -   I bred her with dogs I thought she would produce
with - and lo and behold !  she did !

So, on that note, since Ms. McNamara isn't announcing it, I am very very
pleased to announce that my Libby is Number One living producing bitch !  Or
is it Top Living Producing bitch ?

MVX CH Karizma's Liberia Von Loar OFA ROM

Sure wish I could breed her one more time - and the last time I wanted to
breed her, the stud dog owner told me her dog was "busy" - can you imagine

Iza Kabuska-Ackerman
www.Karizmashepherds.com
AKC Breeder of Merit
Breeder of a Canadian Grand Victor, an American Grand Victor,
and many more beautiful dogs !