[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New topic -10 things not to give your dog

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:46:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/06 12:27:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
karekedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> .  Alcohol is also very bad for cats and dogs. It doesn't take much alcohol
> to intoxicate a pet.

in hindsight, it's a funny story - at the time it was terrrifying.  my grouch
(same one who stole and ate the hershey bar) got seriusly drunk on one
occasion.  i have never used pesticides or rodent bait of any kind because of
the
dogs.  someone told me that if you place a shallow bowl of beer beneath your
plants, the snails will crawl in and, basically, blow up and drown.  i set out
about 25 bowls of beer one night.  problem was, i didn't think about it when i
let the house dogs out for their last potty break that night.  when i let them
in 15 minutes later, grouch was seriously innebriated.  he drank every drop
out of every bowl.  fortunately, he had no lasting problems from this adventure
but i did spend a few hysterical hours on the phone with the vet.  i learned
to live with the snails.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras