[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New question

  • From: Michael Lynch <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 00:01:54 -0800 (PST)

What an excellent question. I started out when I was high school. My dad loved
german Shepherds, he always wanted a solid black one and we started out with a
dark black and tan dog that was sired by Joan Newells sable dog Ch. Merrybrooks
Captain Nemo (He was a Ch. Stencil Me of Billo Grandson). Unfortunately, he was
put down at 3 due to his hips.He was ugly as homemade sin, but rock solid in
his head. We would go to the woods on the weekends, purposely get lost and he
would always find the way back to the house.

   My dad also brought me a another dog, this time from German Lines. He was
healthy, but mean and I was the only one who could touch him. Later on, we
realized we should probably stop buying dogs from the newspaper and
getsomething decent if we wanted to start showing seriously.
  It was Sheree Weare (Moses) who introduced me to Rosemarie Davis (where i got
my first Ch. Rojo and Scirocco daughter) and Diane and Andrew Strasser. They
were very instrumental in either teaching me things, showing me the ropes or
providing me with a decent dog to show.

  My dad always wanted to have a 'really good" solid black GSD. Came close with
a few dark black and tans, but the black elluded us to this day. I guess thats
where my love of dogs came in.

  Mother, on the other hand, was a chow person.through and though. They are
very much the "cats of the dog show world" and of course, that appeals to my
mothers nature. to this day, she always has a Chow. Her last blue dog died and
of course, for her birthday, she went out and bought herself a black one.

  Michael

Michael Lynch
BlackHawk Farms,LLC
www.Blackhawk-farms.com