[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New people

  • From: "frank fasano" <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BJBuie@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:40:47 -0500

Competition is wonderful but when it is done win or lose we owe it to
everyone involved to be friendly to the other competitors- new or old- even
the sore losers or gloating winners-this is our sport and it requires each
of us to keep everyone in the hunt for the shows.  I like newbies,was one
once a life time ago but had a great group of mentors and a fire in my belly
to do better. I have taken chances selling dogs to  newbies, some worked and
some did not but at least we have tried to repay the kindness and direction
we were given when we started and will keep it up.  We belong to several
clubs but do not have a local club. Some of the members from our now defunct
club still come and support us at the local all breed shows. Yes clapping
does help with some judges. We always congratulate the winners but I only
clap for dogs I like-Frank cannot clap because he is a judge. We always have
a beer ready and usually munchies for anyone that stops by the RV- We have
more fun than should be legal and laugh til it hurts- I would go even if I
did not have a dog-Kris