[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New ideas, JMO

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 08:29:50 EDT

That makes perfect sense to me.  By listening to why the  non-exhibitors
don't exhibit, the committee might come away w/ ideas that are  constructive
re increasing entries.

There will always be a group of hard core exhibitors, and it seems as
though that's all that are left as far as Futurities/Maturities are  concerned.

Personally, unless a judge good for my dogs was in driving distance, I
haven't bothered.  I am NOT going to ship for a puppy match.   And....I've
skipped Maturities for dogs who were finished by the time their  Maturity
rolled
around when a judge @ a local Maturity wasn't for  them.

Not only that, these things come w/ all of the pressure now as a
mini-National.  Youngsters go away to handlers a few months early to  get
trained,
(they almost HAVE to, a very nice puppy who doesn't "perform"  is likely to be
overlooked...PERFFORM???? They're babies, for the love of  God!!!!!) Many
handlers are double booked, "who to take", "where to go", "who  will be
there", "who is showing whom"...OMG the pressure!  For what?   By the time you
send a dog away for 2 months of training and show in a  Futurity, you've spent
$1,000+ on a match w/ bragging rights, lol.  And  that doesn't include your
expenses if you go too and/or show on the other dates  on a Futurity
weekend.

Unless there is a way to change it, you'll have a lot of folks waiting for
their dogs to grow up and be competitive, then spending their money going
for  points.  JMHO

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 5/9/2009 8:05:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

What I  find interesting as a member of the Futurity committee and an AMY
supporter,  is that we seem to have more people with interest in changing the
futurity  system than we have exhibitors.  Why is that?   D.D.

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823232x1201398636/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
May5909footerNO62)