[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : New free E-Magazine. -- Question

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <dayglyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <GrnRam415@xxxxxxx>, <CagGra@xxxxxxx>, <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 15:08:52 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
To: <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>; <dayglyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
<ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <GrnRam415@xxxxxxx>; <CagGra@xxxxxxx>;
<mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <GretchAnya@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 12:40 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : New free E-Magazine. -- Question

> In a message dated 5/3/2007 1:25:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
> With  this site up and running and for those who have  advertised in the
> Review, would you still advertise in both places or just  the web  site
> due
> to the
> price?
> I know this is a controversial question, but I  think it  needs to be
> asked.
> Molly
>

> I'd be more inclined to advertise a young dog's nice win or a litter
> on-line.  By the time an ad appears in the Review, a win is old news and
> in  the case
> of a litter, the puppies are long gone.
>
> Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
> three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!
>
> visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

Many of you have expressed your opinion on this issue. And I can see some
merit in most if not all of them.
However;
I am afraid this is the handwriting on the wall. While I agree that those
who advertise want it to be timely, and they also want it to reach the right
"audience", I am concerned about the effect it will have on the GSD Review.
If there can be room for both, that's great. However I would deeply regret
the loss of the Review. I have my Review collection dating back to the 60's.
I don't care if I have to wait for it. I savor each edition and often refer
back to them. The GSD Review is a keeper.
The E-magazine is not a keeper, issue after issue, year after year, in the
same sense the The GSD Review is. Yes, you have the gratification of
enjoying it instantly on line,  and quite likely it will be more timely but
when that issue is gone, it is gone. While I agree it could be a wonderful
edition, I would hate to see it be the only edition for several reasons,
some of which have been mentioned.
Long live the Review, and thanks to all those who have worked so diligently
to get it to the fancy over the years, Jane Bennet, Lois F., Gail Sprock and
presently Susan Casey.
My final thought, I see nothing wrong with progress, as long as it doesn't
"kill and bury" a long, respected and valued publication of the GSDCA.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA