[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : New free E-Magazine. -- Question

  • From: Barbara Hahn <bhahn0616@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 20:52:42 -0400

As I look at the April Review, it is gorgeous! Then I went back and
looked more carefully. Ads have become expensive, very expensive. With
no disrespect to the black and white pages and photos, they don't make
the same visual statement as those done in color. So the base price for
a no frills ad goes from $125 a page to $425. A double page spread goes
to $750. And then there are bleeds and reverses, and most of the ads are
not done by the advertiser but professionally. Additional color photos
are $75 each. Professional photographers for those casual shots, etc. I
could spend a whole lot of money in a real hurry, even with a discount
for volume.
Will the cost of quality product make advertising in the Review a thing
of the past?

I see other breeds magazines, that aren't as pretty, but are full of ads.

What happened to the Parade of Titleholders that used to be published
for all new breed and obedience champions free? It included a small
photo and pedigree.

Barb