[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : New free E-Magazine. -- Question

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:41:59 -0700

With this site up and running and for those who have  advertised in the
Review, would you still advertise in both places or just  the web site due
to the
price?
I know this is a controversial question, but I think it  needs to be asked.
Molly
Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your
pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret

As a GSDCA Review Marketing Comm. Member:  IF .......... The budget and
finance committee had used progressive forethought, and decided to wait
until they could speak to the committee chair concerning this proposed
website:

1) Which had been presented to the President in early January and
wholeheartedly accepted as a great idea
2) Which when not presented at the January Board meeting as it was supposed
to have been -- the Chair contacted several Board members to see why it
wasn't presented - they didn't know a thing about it
3) Which was sent to the Board of Directors at the first of April with a
detailed proposal, the same one the B&F received
4) Which was shot down for whatever reason, up to and including "we'll never
PAY ANYONE for work performed on a volunteer committee"

IF.... this would have been allowed to be properly presented --- There would
be no advertising made on the Review Extension website unless there was an
ad in the Review.  No banner advertising unless an advertiser in the Review,
etc.

As a GSDCA Member:  Good Question Molly -- I don't know how others feel, but
as soon as I'm able to create the ads, I will be placing ads on this
professional site.  I may or may not place the same ad in the Review.  I may
put an ad in the Review that will never appear on this new site.  It all
depends.

According to the information received, the website idea as presented has
been shot down by the intended user.  Why shouldn't "The German Shepherd by
Design" a company which offers services be allowed to capitalize on an idea,
work and effort put into it, which was previously turned down by the
intended user?  I would hope that Free Enterprise still reigns in the great
US of A -- and more power to The GSD by Design for making this site
available to GSD advertisers.

Missed opportunities on the part of the GSDCA still means a benefit to the
German Shepherd Dog and their owners as they can now showcase their dogs on
a PROFESSIONAL looking website in a PROFESSIONAL manner.

Free Enterprise --- I think I may name a dog that.

Kathaleen