[ SHOWGSD-L ] New dog -- not GSD

  • From: "LEE SMITH" <ladyaramis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:46:15 -0500

We have a new addition to the family. Sam has always loved little dogs, esp.
terriers. Now, terriers are not my favorites, but we've talking about
getting a little dog for a while. I've also started volunteering at Tri
County Humane, a really wonderful no kill shelter in Boca Raton. Soooo, a
little over a week ago, we adopted a senior (6+ years) Chihuahua named Gino
who weighs about 6 pounds. I have to admit he is a little love and we
couldn't be happier. He is has a wonderful temperament, not yappy,
housebroken and just as cool as can be.

The problem is I have never owned a dog so little. We've bought him steps so
he can get on the bed and I've bought adult Chihuahua food, but can anyone
give me some guidelines on what to feed, supplements, things to watch for?
BTW, it would not surprise me if he is a retired champion or at least been
shown. He is very handsome, very correct and can gait with the best of them.

Thanks in advance,

Lee Smith