[ SHOWGSD-L ] New dog (for a day)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:47:43 EST

Yesterday I opened my front door to check for mail, and lo and behold,
standing at my door is a beautiful sable GSD male.  He looks to be about 1
year old, crazy happy to see a friendly face.  Looks well cared for.

So, now I have to convince my gang that this creature is ok.  Its  moments
like this you really appreciate that your dogs are  obedient, trained and
well behaved.

Pablo brought in a crate from the van as we dont have any crates in the
house, and put this puppy up.  Took his collar off, phone number on dog tag
is no longer in service.....arrgghh.....but rabies tag has vet phone number.
They were closed for the evening, had to try again in the morning.

Made some rice and chicken, wanted to make sure we didn't have to deal with
 loose stools on top of everything, and "Rocky" ate the whole darn thing.
My daughter took him out to potty, and he came back in and went right to
sleep.  He was spent.

Called the vet this morning, owners are going nuts looking for this puppy,
he is actually 10 months old. House guest let the pup out the front door by
 accident.   They came to pick him up, they live about 3 miles from here.
The kids were thrilled to have their dog back, and these folks were so
grateful.

Puppy is microchipped, but they just moved (new phone number).  They  are
going straight to Petco to get a new name tag, and will be updating the
microchip info on Monday. We should be doing that too.

What are the odds a lost GSD will show up at a GSD home???

So we invited them to our shows in April, talked to them about training
classes, local trainers, and told them to check out the PC website for more
info.  They never thought about GSD clubs before.  I feel so  old...LOL

All is well that ends well......

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE