[ SHOWGSD-L ] New answer. judges & future judges

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:00:49 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/05 3:01:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
First do  we agree dog shows are a place to evaluate breeding stock. The
judge
is  saying with his/her top placings these are the dogs that in my opinion
should be used for breeding.

No.  I do not agree with this premise at all. The judge is empowered  by the
AKC to decide which dog comes closet to the standard as set forth by the
parent club of that breed. It is presumptive to say we as judges should be
dictating who or what to do with breeding. We are not privy to necessary
breeding
information such as pedigrees, or health problems in the background of  the
dogs we judge.  We are just the judge, we are not the breed  wardens.

That is why I was against the conditional class. The judge is given extra
information, (the entries are all OFA) that is not known in any of the other
classes.

Since the premise is wrong, then the question that follows can not be
answered with any value.  Or, at least that is my humble but always correct
opinion.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together