[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Treasurer of the GSDCA

  • From: "Peter Cacioppo" <petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:08:06 -0800

I repeated below the email I sent on 12-12-2007 and will add this to it:
Thanks for the vote of confidence from at least 6 people so far but please
stop:  First, I am not retired, so would not have time for the position
(notice I recommended a retired person below should be considered first). I
enjoy working with my clients (I am an investment advisor) and they would
miss me so I have no thoughts of retiring for many, many years.  Second, I
do not have the 5 years public or private accounting experience that the
By-Laws require.
Here is my 12-12-2007 email:
When people start wondering who would be good to be the new Treasurer of the
GSDCA, please keep in mind what the GSDCA By-Laws state is the requirement
(or at least the copy of the By-Laws that are in our just received
Membership Handbook...thus I did not go to the web site to see if there was
a revised version there).
It states in Article 4, Section 2(e)"
"The Treasurer shall have a minimum of five (5) years of public or private
accounting experience."

My interpretation of that: the Treasurer shall have worked for an accounting
firm (i.e. public accounting, not necessarily a CPA firm, just a public
accounting firm) or worked as an accountant for either a for-profit or
non-profit organization, for instance worked as an accountant for a real
estate developer or for a charitable foundation.

My recommendation is to try and find such a person who has just retired,
from our GSDCA membership list, by sending out an email asking for such a
person to contact a certain person at the GSDCA.  I am saying retired since
it appears to do a good job at the position it would take many, many hours
of work each week.

Peter Cacioppo
www.EagleHillGroup.net
Eagle Hill Vineyards and Winery, German Shepherds and Belted Galloway cattle