[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Topic: dog books

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:13:48 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2009 5:35:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm  interested in knowing what FAVORITE dog books everyone owns.  My
favorites are Strickland & Moses's The German Shepherd Today,  Sue
Barwig's The German Shepherd Book and Dr. Pitcairn's Natural  Health
for Dogs and Cats.  (I also recommend How to Be Your  Dog's Best
Friends by the Monks of New Skete for my puppy  buyers.)
Anyone else?
Penny in NY

I think we all have Strickland and Moses and the Monk's.  One of my
favorites is "Dog Steps, Illustrated Gait at a Glance" (Rachel Page  Elliott)

I also have these, which I've read during this year:

-Joll and Me, by Wynn Strickland  (a gift from Wynn and autographed,
nonetheless <G>)

-The Dog Bible (good reference)

-The Mini Atlas of Dog Breeds (good reference)
-The Complete Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds (good reference)
-The Good Behavior Book for Dogs
-Training the Hard to train Dog
-Grab life by the leash
-The Loved Dog
-Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
-Marley and Me <G>
-Be the Pack Leader
-The Dog who found me (Ken Foster.....love this book)

and about 100's more that are in storage. Yes, I love to read.

Ileana