[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Subject!!!! FAULT JUDGING

  • From: "William Gish" <gsd001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:48:58 -0400

John - I certainly agree with your thinking, having seen so much of it over
the years.  I think the major reason for it is that many breeds have, and
more used to have, lists of characteristics which were rated on a numeric
scale by the judge, who would then total the points for his placing of the
dog.  Many breeds dropped the list when AKC published the mandatory format
for breed standards several years ago, but amoung the older judges there
are still many who follow the same old scale.  Of  course, using the rating
would recognize the good dogs, but sort of within a box, and the truly
superb examples were retarded by the practice.

Bill Gish, gsd001