[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Question. judges & future judges

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:11:30 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 3:00 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] New Question. judges & future judges
> least 4 top quality animals one of which is a
> showing fool never puts a foot down wrong. But there is one that is
obviously
> superior in structure but is an uninspired show dog in fact the only time
you
> can evaluate it's gait is when it is heading for the exit.   WHO WINS and
> why.
>  Fred Migliore
IMHO, a judge can only judge what a judge see's before him/her  at that time
on that day.
We as a group evualuate our show animals as breeding stock. We look for
supierior animals.
However when putting them into the ring, we may not know for sure if indeed
they will be breeding srock.
By that I mean, perhaps a young animal who may later no x-ray out, or a dog
or bitch that may prove not to be productive. These things are unkown on
that day the judge is evaluating the classes.
 In the same sense, a judge cannot know that the one that appears to be a
superior, and not showing well, could be the winner another day, place, time
etc.
When this superior dog is heading for the exit, looking spectacular, it is
too late, the class has been judged.
One can't judge what they can't see......needing to see the whole picture,
before the make their selections.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA.