[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Orleans.. The shooting of Dogs has begun :(

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:42:18 -0400

From: Lyn Cook
To: greatdanelovers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: New Orleans.. The shooting of Dogs has begun :(

 September 10, 2005 New Orleans...
PLEASE CROSS POST FAR* WIDE* AND NOW!!!!

The shooting of dogs, cats, and heaven knows whatever frightened, pathetic
animal has been left behind in the floodwaters of New Orleans,
 has begun. There is a video on the Dallas News website showing Sgt.  Mike
Minton of St. Bernard's Parrish Sheriff's Office shooting and
 killing two dogs. He states that shooting the 'stray' dogs is for their own
good, it is more humane than letting them starve. (Alert: this video is
extremely upsetting.)  If you can stand to see this sickening video, you
will need to go to  www.dallasnews.com and sign up. On the home page on the
right under  "Photos", click on "more photos" and then on that page, look
under  "video essays and click on #1"

 If you are as outraged as I am at this quick and easy method of  disposal
Sgt. Mike Minton has chosen in dealing with the 10's of thousands of pets
that were not allowed to be evacuated along with their owners, please
telephone the below phone numbers to express your feelings.

 Demand this practice be stopped IMMEDIATELY!

 The woman who answered the phone when I called, referred me to the
BestFriends.org website for rebuttal. I referred HER to the address
 above so she could see for herself a sheriff is moving ahead with shooting
these poor desperate pets. Please call tonight so this
 practice will be stopped!

 Let the rescuers in!!

 (Make note that Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco's office has someone
answering the phone and taking down complaints.)

 LA Governor Kathleen Blanco' s office 1-866-310-7617
 Website is www.gov.state.la.us and you can also send emails

 Senator Landrieu's office 202-224-5824 Keep trying even if you get a busy
signal.

 Sgt. Mike Minton of St. Bernard's Parish Sheriff's Dept. was the leader in
the shootings. You can email the sheriff at sheriff@xxxxxxxx

 Please do not wait, the animals need our help NOW!

Margery Golant
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx