[ SHOWGSD-L ] New Champion & Great Lakes Maturity bragssss

  • From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 04:16:35 EDT

It was a long trip to Indiana and it was COLD, but what a wonderful  time we
had!!  We are THRILLED to announce that our "Yankee",  Caisson's Unconditional
Surrender, was the FIRST Best in Amateur Maturity for  the GSDCA, handled by
me (his breeder & owner).  THANK YOU, Nancy  Schneider for appreciating our
boy and not for making me run around the ring one  more time :-).  Now my goal
is to get in shape before the National!!
Yankee is by AOE BIS BISS Am/Can Sel CH Kismet's Sight for Sore Eyes  HSCs TC
ROM and out of PAM CH Carousel Farms Caisson MX MXJ NF TD PT RN  OFAh&e.
Yankee was bred by ME :-), Julie Degen, and I am lucky to  share him with my
husband, E.J., and our good friends Nicky & Lew  Bunch.

Later on Saturday at the GSDC of Central Indiana Specialty, Yankee was
Reserve Winner's Dog for a 4 point major reserve. But, to  make the weekend
even
better, on Sunday under Janice Staley, Yankee was  WINNERS DOG for a 4 point
major which also made him a NEW CHAMPION!  THANK  YOU, Janice for recognizing
Yankee's quality :-)

When Yankee was born, my husband wanted to keep HIM (I wanted a  girl).  He
talked me into keeping a boy and we decided to ask Nicky &  Lew if they wanted
to share him with us.  Nicky & Lew have been great  friends and we thought it
might make the journey even more fun to share it with  them.  For the first
time since Yankee got a major reserve out of the 9-12  class last June at the
Kansas City Specialty, all four of Yankee's owners (E.J.,  Julie, Nicky, & Lew)
as well as our good friend Chris Kimerer (one of the  breeders of Cassie,
Yankee's mom) were together at the show along with our  kids, Jim & Keri.  It
was
SO much fun sharing the joy, wins, and  doubling :-), with such awesome
people.  THANK YOU, Nicky, Lew, & Chris  for giving me Cassie....without whom
we'd
never have Yankee.

Yankee has been to shows 3 of the past 4 weekends.  He's been shown 11
times, gotten RWD two times, and Winner's Dog EIGHT times, for a total of 16
points & two majors.  Thank you to the judges who have appreciated him,
especially
Dan Dwier for the 4 points in Raleigh, NC, and Janice Staley for  finishing
him.  Thanks also to Lenny Brown, Vanessa Fleming, and Jim Moses  for all of
your help & showing Yankee at the all breeds &  specialties in KY & NC.  I
promise that my doubling WILL improve, Jim  :-)

THANK YOU also to Scott & Loren Yergin for handling Yankee in  Indiana at the
specialties and for ALL of your support &  friendship.  We really do
appreciate it :-)

Also, our daughter, Keri, debuted as a junior handler in Indiana.  Two
months ago, Keri turned 9 and decided she wanted to try Juniors.  Keri  &
Cassie
still have a LONG way to go as a "Juniors Team" :-), but Keri had a  GREAT time
and is eager to do it again.  THANK YOU to the club, judges,  & handlers for
making this such a positive experience for Keri.

Julie  Degen
Fort Monroe, VA
GSD "Cassie"
BC "Radar"