[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Never forget

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:55:58 -0400 (EDT)

"NEVER FORGET" is often used to remind people of the horrendous
atrocities of WWII.  When used to discuss judges and judging seems a
bit strong, but I'll continue the thread.  Over the many years of Nationals,
we've had judges forget whole groups of dogs and not judge them at all.
We've had judges who let the last dog get in front of the line and give
that dog the win.  We've had many judges get confused.  We've had
judges take hours and hours to judge rather than in a reasonable time.
I myself have judged 4 Nationals, elected to judge 6.  The first 3, no
problem I guess, because then I was asked to judge Intersex at the U.S.
Nationals.  In the morning I judged much to fast, I was sick.  After lunch
and much better, finished the judging.  The judging - all of it was done
on time, morning and afternoon.  Never a complaint about the dogs
selected, never a complaint about the dogs selected, only the procedure
IN THE MORNING...to fast!  My first National, my 6-9 puppy went RWB
and later Grand Victrix....my 9-12 puppy went GVX, my BIF went GV,
my BIF went GVX..... Now back to NEVER FORGET.  Never forget that
they are all German Shepherds and thus are all wonderful dogs but with
very flawed owners!
Helen Franklin