[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Never forget

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:40:49 -0700 (PDT)

Evan you're talking about one person.  How many breeders-exhibitors didn't go
to Oregon, because of the accessibility. Bet it was a lot more than one.
                                    Ann

www.edangsd.com
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 6/9/2005 11:59:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx writes:
My two cents and I volunteer to help on a committee or whatever is
needed to implement the project.

What a great example of the future of our breed. This is someone who decided
to get back into it because the National was local and available, and now
wants to work for the breed.

We need to allow those who cannot or will not travel 2,000 miles for a dog
show a chance to see our national. For that reason alone it should be rotated
as it has been.

Remember our P&P Manual requires a rotation.

If all we wanted to do was make more and more money for the club, we should
hold our National in the middle of the country every year. That would ignore
many of our members, and that would not be a valid action for out club.

We should never forget we are a club, and not a business. We should never
ignore the members who, while in a remote location are also important to the
future of our breed. We should never forget the young folks who will carry on
when we are gone. And we should never forget to brush our teeth.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original