[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Never forget

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:17:19 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/11/12 12:47:07 PM, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
> worth  repeating
>
> I also  understand Nadine is running by petition. We need to keep her. It
> took  her two years to get the records from the prior treasurer, and then
> she
> can  explain what a mess they were.
> We need to remember what  happened in the past, and try not to repeat  it.

Also worth repeating is the following, with a reminder that the report
(from the March 2012 Review) I quoted below was based on the current
treasurer's
term. What is referenced above (two years) is incorrect, it was only a
matter of months. From my understanding the previous treasurer had been
instructed to withhold release of the records until the Insurance Attorneys for
the
lawsuit permitted their release.   Any member can go on the GSDCA web page
behind the members only section, and read the current treasurers report in
the April minutes for the years 2008, 2009 and 2010, and in addition you can
read the financial reports for those same years to get the FACTS, unless
hearsay is your preferred method of getting information.   You know the old
saying: Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

From my previous post:   The Financial Review and Recommendations in the
March Review of this year reported various issues that were problematic in the
handling of our club's finances.   I checked and on page 34 it states, and
I quote: It should be noted that we did not receive all of the information
requested, including any Audit Adjustments for the 2008-2010 period, and any
information regarding Debit and/or Credit Card usage/reconciliation.

I suppose this is the reason we have yet to receive an audit for the year
2011.

And on page 41 under their recommendations they stated:
In the 2010 Audit Letter to the Board (dated 7/25/2011) the accountant
notes the lack of timely bank account reconciliation (monthly basis) by someone
independent of the cash receipt/disbursement process as a significant
weakness to internal controls.   The accountant had to spend additional time to
ensure the bank accounts were properly reconciled.   And in bold typeface,
they stated:   Bank accounts should be reconciled monthly by someone other than
the person administering the cash receipts/disbursements.

Regards,
Pat