[ SHOWGSD-L ] Neutering question

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:27:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi All, I have a question about my mom's little Silky, Murphy.  He was neutered
yesterday and I am concerned about the after effects.  The vet clinic said that
he came out of anesthesia quickly and my mom picked him up this afternoon.
First off, he was not his usual VERY joyful self when he saw her.  He totally
ignored a dog in the office and was just not his usual self.  Then, once home,
my mom tried to take away something he was chewing on  and he snarled and tried
to bite her.  He never acts like this.  She said that he has been sleeping a
lot today and is just not very active and  is  not eating.
  What do you all think?  This little guy, while a pain in the ass terrier, has
alway been a sweet spirit and very loveable and happy to see anyone.  Do you
think it is just the effect of the surgery and will wear off?  I would be
devasted to think that he was a changed dog because of this.  Thanks for your
help   Cynthia