[ SHOWGSD-L ] Need ideas to add weight

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:27:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi listers,

I know it's Nationals week, but I'm hoping there are enough people checking
email to give me some advice.  I have a 2 year old male that has never been
enthusiastic about eating so he's always been on the lean side.  Unfortunately,
my bitch was recently in heat and he went 3 solid days without a bite of food.
Since then I have been trying to put weight on him, but his lack of interest in
food is hindering my efforts.  Let me mention that, unless there's a different
recipe I am missing, satin balls won't do any good.  This dog has no interest
in meat, raw or cooked, unless it's really salty.

I fear taking him out in public because he looks emaciated.  John Q Public is
too nosey these days and everyone has a cell phone.  My vet said he would
always stand behind me if needed but really, I'd prefer to not go down that
road.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Christina Klahn
Illusion GSDs