[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need help with Crate Destroyer

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:41:52 -0800 (PST)

Do you have to crate him while you are at work? Perhaps you could look at a
doggy day care or maybe a pet sitter to come and take him for a short walk
during the day. Many people are now using these services and they vary in cost
from region to region. In this current economy, there may be a responsible
4H'er who could use a few bucks. Sometimes high schools have lists of kids
looking for jobs...if you have a fenced yard, perhaps they could come over and
throw the ball for a half hour or so. No fear then of them loosing the dog on a
walk.
 My "granddog" Maaaaadison goes to doggy day care at Dalton's Cherrywood
Kennels  in Shrewsbury Mass. at  20$ a day, and she gets fed lunch and plays in
a fenced enclosure all day with other dogs of similar size.They even have a
videocam that you can access through your computer at work to see your dog at
play. She DOES come home a bit knackered, which is very helpful to my daughter
who would otherwise have to commit to a long walk after putting in a 10 hour
day. Maddie comes home, has dinner and heads right to the bed. Before finding
this option, Maddie was being run 3 miles every morning and then a 1 hr walk
every night (she is a coonhound...HIGH drive). We have a service here on the
Cape where someone who is a Marathon runner will run your dog for you for 30$ a
half hour. Pricey, but a real convenience if the old "arthuritis" has crept up
on ya! If you are a runner or can bike a dog, perhaps its a way to make a few
bucks. There was a time when
 people running in Boston on the Esplanade were being accosted by
muggers....Rent a GSD for a Run would have been a win win situation....good for
the person (not likely to get mugged running with a GSD) and good for the dog!
Think of all the exercise he/she could get AND be making money! lol....
Dawn
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: