[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need help fast, who do we contact????? Just got this from ...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:22:41 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/2006 6:31:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Cathleen,
We need your help with  regards to Riley. We have a  terrible neighbor who
has
been complain periodically  about the  occasional bark. We have been trying
work with the neighbor and  put  a bark collar on him, which I wasnâ??t too
happy about doing. Now  she has managed  to secure a hearing with the
District
Attorney where  a woman by the name of Pam  Mills will decide the fate of the
dog.
We  donâ??t want to risk losing the dog. Do  you have any advice or know anyone

who his experience or expertise in dealing  with this issue?
Thanks for your  help.

Cathleen Bennett & Joe  Guay
Rialto, Ca

The person who reached out to you doesn't say when the hearing is,  but,
hopefully she has time to find a lawyer and research what the zoning laws  are,
although there is almost always a "nuisance" clause.
If the neighbor has (time stamped) tape recordings and  documentation...well,
I'm not optimistic.

The obvious answer is to keep the dog inside, possibly crated when they
aren't around, although if she lives close to the neighbor or in a town home,
that isn't much of a solution.

It's a shame it got to this level, and that they couldn't work it out
talking to each other.

Although I'm not a big fan of debarking, I'd offer that as a possible
solution if the choice was debarking or lose the dog.

There is nothing worse than nuisance barking, especially when one has
neighbors that work odd shifts or small children that they put down for  naps.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_