[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need help fast, who do we contact?????  Just got this f...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx, Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:05:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/2006 7:39:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
don't  believe in debarking.  And I don't think an "occassional bark" is  t=
hat much of a nuisance.... I think this person just has crappy neighbors  th=
at don't like dogs.

Who knows?  I'm not a fan of debarking either, but if that's  what I had to
do to keep my dog, I wouldn't hesitate, and if I felt the hearing  wasn't going
my way, you'd better believe I'd volunteer.  What's not a  nuisance to you or
I might very well be a nuisance to another.

We had a club member receive a complaint.  Turns out when she went to  work,
she left her two males in the yard on the side of her twin.  There  was a
school behind her and the dogs "occasionally" barked at the  children.  The
neighbor, who worked nights and couldn't sleep through the  noise asked nicely
for
her to put the dogs in.  Club member said  no.  Neighbor complained, made tape
recordings of the offense, the township  saw it the neighbor's way and the
long and short of it....the club member  now has one dog.

I'm anal about dogs barking.  Mine aren't out when I'm not home and  they
aren't allowed to carry on and fence run when I am home.  I had a  neighbor
whose
son is training for track ask if his son could run wind sprints  up my
(steep, long, paved) drive.  He wanted to know if it would bother the  dogs.
My
reply was, if he could hear them bark, don't let his son run  quite so far up,
lol, but if they did bark it was on him <G>.

Now, the person who asked for help may very well have lousy  neighbors.
Since the complaint was made against her though, and since has  the most to
lose,
it's up to her to make nice and find an amicable solution...or  else, she'll
lose her dog.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_