[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need for the board to visit proposed sites?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx, wynsum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:17:16 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2005 11:15:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
This is  nothing new for 2005. As far back as I can remember, the board has
periodically met at a location we were considering for the National. They've
got to meet somewhere, why not kill two birds with one  stone?

No, the reference to the year had more to do w/ all of the technology
available than the year specifically.  I know that's how it's been done  <G>,
just
questioning why, in an age of conference calls, media packs, web  pages,
streaming video, etc., etc., we're still doing it.  Why not kill two  birds w/
one
stone?  Let me turn that around; Why not meet via  teleconference like a lot of
breed clubs (not to mention major corporations) and  save the money?  Geeze,
think of the $$$$ savings!
I don't need to drive the roads to see what the traffic patterns are  from an
airport are (I can read a map pretty well, and remember the chair has
already been to the site and has an idea of the commute!) or eat at Applebees
or
sleep in Holiday Inn to test it out.  Seen one, seen 'em all:)  'Ya
know...come
to think of it...without all of the travel that seems to be required  of a
board member, I just wonder if it would be easier to get people interested  in
running if they knew they wouldn't be on the road "x" number of  weekends?
Hmmm.....

Kathy

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_