[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need Help/crates

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:59:21 -0800 (PST)

Mom's Cuz dog in his time, and my Bucko now both hate(d) crates.
Bucko sees it as demeaning to his royal alpha-ness.  And when there was a bitch
in heat and he had to be contained in my absence, he started to destroy my 600
wire crate.  I am not pleased.

But if pressed he will go into a crate and remain there, as long as it is not
the big comfy wire crate but the smaller 500 shipping crate that he can't get
out of, yet.....

He won't even nap in one.  But he is not allowed on any furniture.  The few
times he has gotten on, my kids!!!!!, he has also found reason to mark, so the
kids have learned now to keep dogs on the floor lest they take privilege.

Bucko will accept a crate at a dog show though.  He seems to have no problem
with that as long as his alpha-ness sees no reason to protect, at any
distance.  What a dog!!!!
sheila