[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Need Help-4 day old puppies

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:55:44 EDT

I understand a little bit of digging and fussing in the box post  delivery.
I rationalize they are "crampy".  I've never had one that  w/ a "un-uh"
wouldn't stop that tho.  If you think it will help give her a  couple of St.
Joseph's baby aspirin.  It won't hurt the babies.  But  what you are describing
is
beyond that, so for now I wouldn't leave her alone w/  the puppies. She and I
would have a "come to Jesus" conversation, (away from the  babies), then I'd
muzzle her, then I would sit with her and the two remaining  puppies while they
nursed.  I swear I'd sit ON her if I had  to.

I'm so very sorry you are having to deal with this Terra!  Some gals  just
don't make good mothers...who knows why?  It isn't important to try  and figure
it out.  What IS important is saving the boys left.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 3/19/2009 10:29:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

It has  been terrible here.  Our Ch. bitch whelped her first litter of 8
puppies  on Monday, 16th.  We have only 2 males left and have to bottle feed
them.  The bitch has been very restless although she cleans the puppies  she
will
not let them nurse.  She is continuing to pick them up and tries  to dig and
put them in corners and stuff.
What is going on.  The vet  said she has milk and no infection.  Posted two
pups and there was  nothing in the stomach and intestines?  We are so worried.
The two  males are gaining and bottle nursing.  We are using goats milk mixed
with  tap water.  Also putting a little nutra cal on their tongues.  We  use
cotton balls to stimulate them to pee and poop.
Vet will not  tranquilize her to let her calm down to nurse.
Any suggestions?
Terra  Fairburn & Nanc Kinley

**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220029050x1201385914/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B212974460%3B34272906%3Bh)