[ SHOWGSD-L ] Need Help for EPI Dog

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:32:26 EDT

Hi

I just talked to someone who has a MUCH bigger problem than I have
personally encountered in EPI.
I need some help. The dog that I had with EPI responded to treatment and
got her weight back quite quickly.

This is the situation as I understand it. The dog is a one year old  male,
has been diagnosed at Texas A&M, and is on the prescription pancreatic
enzyme.  They are feeding the highly digestible diet formulated by Royal
Canin.
The dog was 80 pounds is now 53 pounds and is not putting on weight  and is
"famished"--cant get enough to eat. Stools are under control.

Would the folks out there who have had experience with a severe EPI contact
 me please. I want to learn more about this and I will want to put these
people  in touch with someone who has more experience with it than I have.

I think there is a support group out there too but I have forgotten who
heads it up. That information would be helpful as well.
Thank You.  This is just why the list is such valuable  communication.

Ginny Altman